Public Private Partnership Projects
MHA advises on a range of public law issues, access to information, privacy and data protection (personal information) consumer protection, communication interception, government procurement, public property management, and public finance management.
The firm also advises on regulated industries and sectors such as health, nuclear power, public transport, electronic communications and others.
MHA was involved in the following public private partnership (PPP) projects:
- Co-appointed on Project Mthombo, PetroSA’s 400 000-b/d crude oil refinery planned for Coega, in the Eastern Cape.
- Advisor to NEPAD and Baharicom Limited, which wishes to roll out undersea broadband infrastructure landing to many countries in the African continent.
- Advising the National Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism as co-legal adviser on a PPP project for their head office building.
- Advising the Department of Land Affairs as co-legal adviser on a PPP project for their head office building.
- Part of the transaction advisors to the Department of Communications for the feasibility study and possible PPP procurement for the rolling out of the regional language television services. The project did not proceed to finalisation.
- Advising Simeka (private party) on a PPP project for a renal dialysis project with the Limpopo provincial government. The project did not proceed to finalisation.
- Advising Simeka (private party) on a PPP project for the administration and distribution of funds collected by the Department of Justice in respect of maintenance orders.