Employment and Labour
MHA advises on labour disputes, industrial action, retrenchment processes, dismissals, unfair labour practices, section 197 transfers of employees, and general industrial relations issues in both the private and public sectors.
The firm furthermore drafts contracts of employment and disciplinary and grievance procedures. MHA chairs disciplinary enquiries for clients.
MHA represents clients in the CCMA and Labour Court.
Introducing Our Labour Law Services:
- Referrals of disputes to the CCMA
- Representation at disciplinary proceedings
- Representations at CCMA arbitrations and the Labour Court
- Interdicting strikes
- Drafting review applications
- Drafting condonation applications
- Drafting rescission applications
- Certifying and enforcing arbitration awards and executing judgments
- Advising on retrenchments
- Advising on section 197 transfers
- Advising generally on employment disputes
- Drafting contracts of employment
- Drafting disciplinary codes and procedures
- Advising on internal grievance and disciplinary processes
- Advising on legislative amendments
- Training of human resources and industrial relations personnel