Bond and Capital Markets
MHA has experience in advising and attending to the implementation of various capital markets transactions where debt and equity instruments have, for example, been used to raise finance.
Below is an outline of some of the transactions that the professionals at MHA have been involved in more recently relating to debt financing:
- Attending to and implementing the issuance of the Domestic Medium Term Note Programme on behalf of the City of Johannesburg in relation to a second bond issue valued at approximately R7 billion.
- Acting as co-trustees to the City of Johannesburg on the second bond issue.
- Advising the National Treasury on the issuance of the Republic of South Africa retail bond, including attending to the drafting and finalisation of the applicable bond documentation.
- Advising National Treasury in respect of the updating of the Form 18K Report utilised by the National Treasury for the purposes of issuing bonds in Europe and the United States of America.
- Advising the arrangers and dealers in respect of the Development Bank of Southern Africa’s (DBSA’s) medium term note worth R5 billion.